Aston Martin’s most expensive car to debut at the 24 Hours of Le Mans
Luxury carmaker Aston Martin will unveil its single most expensive supercar model at the 24 Hours of Le Mans race that will soon take place on the Circuit de la Sarthe, France. The limited series is called ‘DB4 GT Zagato Continuation’ and continues of 19 vehicles. Each car comes bundled with another one, DBS GT Zagato, and each duo costs £6,000,000 before all taxes and fees.
The 2019 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato Continuation is a replica of a vintage car dating back to the 1960s, which sported a body made out of thin aluminum sheets. It came powered by a 4.7-liter six-cylinder engine that boasted dual-spark ignition, a tech developed by car engineer Tadeusz “Tadek” Marek for the original DB4. The engine relies on a four-speed manual transmission to send the power to the rear wheels.
Each DB4 GT Zagato Continuation takes at least 4,500 hours to produce. The Sarthe display car will don the Rosso Maja livery of its spiritual ancestor and sport an interior wrapped in Obsidian Black fine leather.
Photos: Aston Martin
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Tesla Space Roadster completes its first solar orbit
- Volkswagen pits its ID. R Concept up against a quadcopter
- Porsche Taycan covers 3,425 km / 2,128 mi on the Nardò Ring in 24 hours
- McLaren 600LT and 720S get a tie at the Nürburgring
- There Ain’t No Propeller: BMW shatters misconceptions surrounding its logo