Video: Well-tuned BMW M5 goes up against stock Audi R8, Porsche 911 Turbo S
A drag race has recently taken place somewhere in Russia between an F90 BMW M5 Competition, an Audi R8 V10 Plus and a Porsche 911 Turbo S. But, while the latter two stayed completely stock, the BMW owner helped himself to some tuning.
The M5 Competition had its 4.4-liter, twin-turbo V8 mill pushed from its original 625 hp (466 kW) to 813 hp (606 kW). The power-to-weight ratio therefore rose to an impressive 0.436 hp/kg.
What strengths do the rivals have? For its part, the Porsche 911 Turbo S sends 590 hp (440 kW) to all four wheels via its PDK dual-clutch transmission and torque control system. The V10 Plus guise of the Audi R8 packs 610 hp (455 kW), but it is also slightly heavier than the Porsche.
So, what would be your bet? Will the Bavarian coupe use its power advantage to wipe the floor with the competition?
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Preview: DMC Porsche 911.992 body kit
- Ancient 1972 Chevy Blazer does squats for a change
- This Subaru Tribeca-based stretch limo could be yours for 38,000 USD
- Garage 54 takes its UAZ-based Cybertruck replica out for a test drive
- Russian firm turns a Toyota Mega Cruiser into an extreme ambulance off-roader