Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 Coupe/SUV drops by IAA 2019
The new SUV-shaped Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 Coupe has made a live appearance at the currently ongoing International Motor Show in Frankfurt, Germany.
The car sports a more aggressive overall design that sets it apart from the normal GLE Coupe, and has a few interior changes to show. It comes powered by a 3.0-liter V6 engine assisted by a turbocharger and an electric supercharger. The resulting performance amounts to 429 hp (320 kW) and 521 Nm (384 lb-ft) of torque. A hybrid add-on, which comes in the guise of a small 22-hp (16.4-kW) electric motor, assists the car during acceleration. The transmission is nine-speed automatic, the standard sprint time is 5.3 seconds, and the top speed is limited at 250 km/h (155 mph), as is usual with Mercedes cars.
For the time being, the novelty will occupy a position at the very top of the GLE Coupe lineup. Later on, it will likely be dethroned by an AMG GLE 63 armed with a 4.0-liter V8 TT. Sales will start next spring.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Bentley unveils the six Mulliner Bacalar trim options
- Mazda celebrates 100th birthday with a special edition of its entire range
- Volkswagen Tiguan & Arteon to get PHEV variants in Europe soon
- It’s Official: Audi will build its EVs on four different platforms
- 4th-gen Nissan X-Trail leaks via patent pics