Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 Coupe/SUV drops by IAA 2019
The new SUV-shaped Mercedes-AMG GLE 53 Coupe has made a live appearance at the currently ongoing International Motor Show in Frankfurt, Germany.
The car sports a more aggressive overall design that sets it apart from the normal GLE Coupe, and has a few interior changes to show. It comes powered by a 3.0-liter V6 engine assisted by a turbocharger and an electric supercharger. The resulting performance amounts to 429 hp (320 kW) and 521 Nm (384 lb-ft) of torque. A hybrid add-on, which comes in the guise of a small 22-hp (16.4-kW) electric motor, assists the car during acceleration. The transmission is nine-speed automatic, the standard sprint time is 5.3 seconds, and the top speed is limited at 250 km/h (155 mph), as is usual with Mercedes cars.
For the time being, the novelty will occupy a position at the very top of the GLE Coupe lineup. Later on, it will likely be dethroned by an AMG GLE 63 armed with a 4.0-liter V8 TT. Sales will start next spring.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Wey’s new S is an all-electric SUV concept
- The Byton M-Byte is an all-electric SUV with 48” curved digital dash
- Ford’s new Mustang-shaped SUV is faster than the Mustang itself
- The FAW Bestune T99 is the Chinese carmaker’s newest flagship
- 2020 Cadillac CT4 facelift debuts with four trims, 330hp / 246kW max