Sidecam video shows Porsche Macan aquaplaning out of control
Another day, another cool video from a Tesla camera! This time around a Porsche Macan was spotted veering out of control and crashing into a dividing barrier on a wet road.
The phenomenon when the wheels lose their grip on the road and start skidding on the water surface is called aquaplaning. The fender-mounted TeslaCam did a fairly good job capturing the moment of this happening.
You can see the Porsche Macan driver change lanes and floor the gas confidently. Unfortunately, this is when his car loses the grip and skids straight into the concrete divider. Chances are also good that the driver tried to speed-steer the car back into the lane or hit the brake; neither works in such situations, and both are strongly advised against by experienced drivers.
The incident took place near Miami, USA. Here’s a reminder: TeslaCam video cameras record footage from the dash, the sides AND the rear of the car. They also remain active when the car is waiting in a parking area.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- CarWOW has four ultra-powerful SUVs sort it out on a drag strip
- Some of these Nissan Skylines cost barely more than a new iPhone
- Video: Mercedes AMG GT demolishes fire hydrant after colliding with Range Rover
- Rare Ford GT sells for $1.5M after 24-month cooldown period
- Launch control enables BMW M8 do 0-100 km/h in 2.88 s