Ford F-550 dons full plate armor in the INKAS version
Inkas, a Canada-based armored vehicle manufacturer, has unveiled the 2020 Inkas Sentry Civilian Ford F-550, a bullet- and blast-proof SUV built with a large pickup truck at its base. Let us have a closer look, shall we?
The company claims the bodywork and the glass dome comply with the BR6 standard, which means they can withstand 7.62mm-caliber automatic gunfire. The car also should not come to any harm even if a regular or splinter grenade explodes underneath it.
A 6.7-liter turbocharged V8 diesel engine rated at 330 hp (246 kW) and 1,000 Nm (738 lb-ft) of torque is used to haul all that added weight around. The transmission is ten-speed automatic, and the fuel tank has been expanded to 150 liters.
The SUV might look like a badass military vehicle on the outside, but crack open the door, and you will realize at once that it is a civilian truck. Amenities include massaged, heated and ventilated seats wrapped in the finest natural leather, separate touch panels for all passengers, and a single large multimedia screen in the middle.
In many ways, the equipment level of the 2020 Inkas Sentry Civilian Ford F-550 is not inferior to that of Rolls-Royce and Mercedes-Maybach vehicles, hence the U.S. $350,000 minimum price tag.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Peek inside this spacious and well-designed Sprinter 4×4 campervan
- WIP: Extreme Turbo Systems teases a performance kit for the C8 Corvette Stingray
- You could scare kids with this murdered-out 1956 Chevy Bel Air
- SCL GLOBAL Concept unveils a large-scale styling kit for the Lamborghini Urus
- Vorsteiner’s Lamborghini Urus-X Aero Kit is already shipping, apparently