Runaway truck tire destroys Trevor Bauer’s McLaren 650S
Freak accidents happen, and no one is safe – as Cincinnati Reds baseball pitcher Trevor Bauer just learned the hard way when his supercar was totaled by a rogue truck wheel.
The 2016 McLaren 650S sat in the luxury marque’s Houston showroom, looking forward to what should have been yet another boring, uneventful day. Suddenly, a truck passing by the showroom lost its wheel, which proceeded to roll across six lanes, hit the wall, ricochet and break through the glass window, whereupon it landed onto a U.S. $300,000 supercar, totaling it.
It is reported that the McLaren was insured against accidental loss. That said, even if Trevor Bauer fails to claim the insurance, his annual wages of U.S. $18 million will probably facilitate buying a replacement car, or two, of ten, for that matter.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Taylor Aerocar is a vintage flying car worth $1M
- Tesla Model 3 plows into a police car in Autopilot mode
- Elon Musk drives the Cybertruck to a restaurant and into a bollard
- Fiat 124 Spider says farewell to Europe, other markets likely to follow
- Chevrolet Suburban makes it onto the Hollywood Walk of Fame