Pagani Zonda Aether fetches a record-breaking $6,182,000
The unique supercar just went under the hammer at Sotheby’s, fetching $682,000 more than the boldest prediction of $5,500,000. This makes it Zonda’s single most expensive auction sale.
The roadster lacks any kind of roof and packs a classical six-speed manual transmission, despite packing a relatively modern 7.3-liter Mercedes-AMG V12 rated at 759 PS (750 hp, 553 kW).
The Aether boasts a carbon-fiber body with glossy and satin trim elements and red accents here and there. The rear end looks especially impressive with its humongous rear wing and diffuser that matches the color of the wheels.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Taylor Aerocar is a vintage flying car worth $1M
- Tesla Model 3 plows into a police car in Autopilot mode
- Elon Musk drives the Cybertruck to a restaurant and into a bollard
- Fiat 124 Spider says farewell to Europe, other markets likely to follow
- Chevrolet Suburban makes it onto the Hollywood Walk of Fame