HKS rolls out a particularly bloodthirsty A90 Supra
Some projects by HKS Co. Ltd. look a bit extreme even by JDM standards, but this is kind of cool in its own way. The crew graced the Tokyo Auto Salon gathering with its presence this year and brought along a gorgeous custom Toyota Supra (A90), complete with the wide body kit and wheels.
The show coupe flaunts a massive front spoiler with an integrated splitter, humongous, muscular-looking wheel arches with exposed hardware, an aggressive rear diffuser, and a ducktail spoiler. Note, however, that the apparent carbon fiber parts here are in fact just regular parts wrapped in a ‘carbon’ wrap.
As far as the wheels are concerned, the car rides on 20-inch ADVAN Racing R6 forged rims finished in Apple Candy Red. Hipermax coilovers provide the lowering, and the exhaust system is also a custom design. Crack open the door, and you will see ultra-lightweight Bride Low Max bucket seats.
HKS did not mess with the engine this time around, but it is worth noting that it was one of the first companies worldwide to have pushed the A90 engine to 800 horsepower (600 kilowatts) when the car just started shipping.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Vilner unveils Porsche 911 with a sophisticated multi-layered interior
- Kahn Design unveils another Mercedes-Benz X-Class body kit
- Feast your eyes on this ultra-rare Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R VSpec II
- Would you stand your Mercedes S 500 L being treated like a sports car?
- Performmaster injects some serious horsepower into Mercedes-AMG G63