Lexus GX feels adventurous in the new special edition
The GX Overland Concept clearly appeals to off-road drivers and comes armed with such necessities as reinforced bumpers, a suspension lift, skid plates, meaty tires, and a roof tent.
A fully featured Lexus GX 460 provides the basis for the concept car. The new ride height enables the SUV to veer off the trodden path without dire consequences, and the increased suspension travel makes sure the driver stays sufficiently comfortable inside. Should something still go not as planned, there is a spare wheel holder and a niche for a winch (but neither is included).
Passenger comfort was obviously another major priority for the Lexus Overland Concept. The cabin comes trimmed with red leather and natural wood and packs a plethora of electronic aids. As for the audio system, the high-end 17-speaker set will hardly leave anyone wanting for more.
The technical aspect stays stock, though, with the gasoline V8 still churning out 301 hp (225 kW) along with 446 Nm (329 lb-ft) of torque to the wheels through an automatic transmission.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Belgian bike designer comes up with an amazing art-décor hot rod racer
- The new McLaren Elva makes one nostalgic about the 1960s
- SCG teases a brand-new, ‘affordable’ kit car
- Mazda unleashes Wankel-powered RX-Vision GT3 onto the streets – but not for everyone
- Aston Martin lets the Valkyrie out into the open