Volkswagen Tiguan & Arteon to get PHEV variants in Europe soon
The electrified Tiguan and Arteon will be joining the company of the Golf GTE and Passat GTE in the near future, Volkswagen has announced.
No details have been provided, but one could assume that both would be based on powertrains similar to that of the Volkswagen Passat GTE Variant. This means a 1.4-liter turbocharged engine rated at 156 hp (116 kW), an electric motor adding another 115 hp (86 kW), and a 13-kWh battery for up to 56 kilometers (35 miles) of WLTP-rated range.
The Golf GTE features the same powertrain rated at 245 hp (183 kW) total.
Customers in China can already buy the part-electric Tiguan L PHEV (shown in the gallery and the video), which shares the main engine with the Passat GTE Variant. However, the China spec comes strictly front-axle driven, while the Europe spec may ship with its electric motor on the rear axle.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Toyota unveils Fortuner SUV facelift in Thailand
- Peugeot e-Traveller underway to Europe launch later this year
- Toyota Corolla shows off its sport chops in the new Special Edition
- 2021 Toyota Hilux shows up with better looks, suspension and diesel power
- Chevy Corvette for Europe packs more options and a hefty price tag