Volkswagen re-uses an old name for a new electric bus
Volkswagen AG has claimed trademark rights for “e-Samba”, which sounds like the production version of its I.D. Buzz Concept built with the MEB architecture at the core.
The company used to produce range-topping “Samba” modifications of its T1 bus model in the 1950s era. This spec had a dual-color exterior finish, a sunroof composed of eight windows, and side doors that swung rather than slid open.
The Volkswagen Samba was sold under a different name in the United States, which may imply that the new e-Samba will go on sale only in Europe (or will be called something else in other markets).
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Porsche ex-designer patents a supercar in Japan
- Porsche confirms Panamera’s latest Nürburgring lap record
- Hyperion Motors reveals XP-1, a hydrogen supercar with 1,000+ miles of range
- Jeep Gladiator Farout Concept heralds the coming of EcoDiesel V6 3.0
- 1st Skoda EV revealed on pre-production sketches