Identity Crisis: Rogue BMW vs. Turncoat Toyota
It’s common knowledge that people modding cars tend to have excellent taste in humor, but this drag race between an E46 BMW M3 and an A90 Toyota Supra really sets a new bar for irony. Don’t miss this video!
The first contender is a BMW M3 in an E46 body. It has little to show for itself aside from some aftermarket wheels, a couple body kit parts and moderately low suspension. But pop the hood, and you’ll notice the glaring absence of the stock inline-six S54. No worries, though; whoever did this more than compensated for it by putting the legendary Toyota Supra 2JZ in its place. The six-cylinder turbo mill received a slight boost to 500 hp (373 kW) and 580 Nm (428 lb-ft) of torque, as well as a sequential transmission.
The other combatant is an A90 Supra… Noticing the pattern already? Yup, the Japanese sports car that is essentially a made-over BMW Z4 with 340 hp (254 kW) and 500 Nm (370 lb-ft) under the hood.
To summarize, what we have here is a highly ironic “identity crisis” race between a Bavarian with a Japanese heart and a Japanese with a Bavarian core. You may think you know which one is going to win, but do yourself a favor and watch the video: it’s worth it start to end.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Tuned Lambo Urus vs. Rolls-Royce Wraith: The Unlikely Drag Race
- Ford GT Le Mansory goes up on sale for €1,800,000
- Posaidon lands G-Wagen with supercar levels of horsepower
- ABT Sportsline celebrates 125 years in business by introducing the ABT RSQ8-R
- Video: Huracan Super Trofeo barely avoids disaster, laps up Nürburgring in 6:48