Kevin Hart splurges $825,000 on a 62-year-old Corvette C1
It turns out that famous actor/comedian Kevin Hart has a soft spot towards classic cars. Bidding at a recent Barrett-Jackson auction, he ended up buying a gorgeous Chevrolet Corvette C1 restomod for nearly a million USD.
The world-weary sports car received a new 6.2-liter LT1 V8 rated at 466 PS (460 hp / 343 kW) and 630 Nm (465 lb-ft) of torque. A four-speed automatic transmission carries the momentum to the wheels, and Art Morrison suspension with Strange coilovers ensures that the weight gain has no negative consequences for the old frame. Brakes are also new all around, the front axle making use of seventh-gen Corvette’s six-piston calipers.
Installing the larger brake discs necessitated new wheels, so EVOD produced a custom set for this restomod alone. The centerlock rims come wrapped in Nitto tires for optimum traction.
Further build highlights include tuned rack-and-pinion steering, completely stripped and repainted body, new audio, a Dakota Digital dash, and Bluetooth support.
The original owner of this ‘Vette restomod had not even covered 250 km (150 miles) driving it, so here’s hoping Kevin Hart puts it to better use.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Mansory pushes Ferrari F8 Tributo further towards perfection
- H&R launches a lowering kit for 3rd-gen Ford Kuga
- Video: Prior Design stoops as low as to tune Dacia Logan… or does it?
- Ford Explorer hearse looks controversial with Lincoln styling
- Would you believe this BMW 535is has 200k miles on the clock?