DMC says you can spend cryptocurrency on this Ferrari 296 GTB Squalo
German tuner DMC has presented its own vision of Ferrari’s 296 GTB sports car, a plug-in hybrid that has yet to debut later this year. The team promises us an 80-hp power boost along with an aerodynamically optimized body kit.
Starting with the former, we know that the standard 296 GTB model will pack a 3.0-liter twin-turbo V6 rated at 662 PS (653 hp / 487 kW). An eight-speed dual-clutch transmission will carry the momentum to the wheels assisted by an inbuilt electric motor with 168 PS (166 hp / 124 kW) of its own.
The DMC Squalo (Italian for ‘Shark’) is expected to put another 80 horses under the hood and thus ramp up the system output to 900 PS (888 hp / 662 kW).
Moving on to the body kit, it will include a diffuser, a rear wing, a front spoiler and side skirts. The tuner claims the kit offers a combined benefit of custom looks and improved downforce.
Prices remain to be announced, but it is official that the Squalo will be available for your crypto coins, should you have any. If you find it outside of your price range, consider the more affordable digital art and NFT options.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Check out a custom-built C2 Corvette Split Window
- This extroverted Dodge Magnum with scissor doors could be yours for a price
- Manhart announces a new 450-PS Land Rover Defender
- Steve McQueen’s Chevy Blazer goes on sale for ~200x original price
- Meet Hoonipigasus, Ken Block’s latest ride with 1,400 HP