This Mercedes-Maybach may be a concept, but a full version is coming
The Mercedes-Maybach division has unveiled Haute Voiture, a concept car with interior and exterior inspired by the world of high fashion. The prototype will eventually give birth to a special edition set to go on sale in early 2023.
The color scheme in particular is rather innovative. All dual-tone paintjobs we have seen on Maybach vehicles so far gave the top a lighter tint than the bottom. The Haute Voiture breaks that rule by combining a blue roof with a pinkish-cream lower half. The wheels are finished to match the top.
Dark blue accents can be found inside, too, while most of the interior is dominated by white Nappa leather. The use of exotic trimming materials is the key feature of the model. Artificial fur covers door pockets and decorative pillows, while the headrests, the door panels and the rear seats sport colorful boucle fabric on them. Pink gold can be found on certain elements, such as MBUX infotainment system controls.
Maybach did not reveal any specific dates beyond saying that the car would become available in early 2023.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Hennessey’s 6-motor supercar concept has 1,000 km of range, record 0-322 time
- A trio of Ferrari LaFerrari prototypes heading for auction next month
- Aurus Senat presents select specs
- Polestar contemplates putting its O2 convertible into production
- Canoo teams up with NASA to provide EV vans carrying astronauts to rockets