Watch a manual Hennessey HPE1000 Hellcat Challenger go through its paces
Hennessey Performance has a 1,000-horsepower upgrade package on offer for the Dodge Challenger Hellcat, and the good thing is, you can choose between automatic and manual for gearbox. The video below demonstrates rather spectacularly what the latter looks and handles like.
The demo run took place on the Pennzoil Proving Ground in Texas. The HPE1000 kit the muscle car landed with included a new supercharger, upgraded belt and wheel, a stainless-steel manifold, racing-grade injectors and catalysts, and an ECU remap. With everything in place, the car exceeded 1,000 horsepower (750 kilowatts) at 6,500 RPM and maxed out with 1,285 Nm (948 lb-ft) of torque at 4,200 RPM.
We highly recommend using headphones for this particular video – trust us, you don’t hear a Challenger sound as wild as this every day.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Check out a 1971 Mercedes-Benz propelled by a Corvette V8 TT
- Check out a Chevy Bel Air Nomad once owned by Bruce Willis
- Meet the Polydrops P19 Shorty, a trailer said to extend your Ioniq 5 range
- Check out an old convertible worth $1,000 turned into a badass spider car
- Check out a Mercedes G-Class equipped with snow tracks for mountain driving