Check out a cute Porsche tractor with VW Beetle charms
A 1962 Porsche tractor is up for grabs in the Netherlands right now, sporting some of Volkswagen Beetle bodywork and lighting that make it unique.
The listing says it is a fully functional Porsche Diesel Standard tractor with 25 horsepower at its disposal. It was repainted, equipped with chrome hubcaps and had its stock seat replaced with a bench for two wrapped in red fake leather.
The hood cover with an upright exhaust pipe stay stock, but the same cannot be said about the entire front fascia. Everything – the upper hood, the front fenders, the headlamps, the bumper and even the windshield complete with a frame and sun visors – stems from a VW Beetle. The same applies to the taillights and the engine deck lid in the back, which still allow for additional equipment to be mounted there as usual. Even the steering wheel originates from the Beetle.
The bidding has been slow so far with the best offer at just €17,500 and a few days remaining on the clock. Unmodded tractors like this one (see video) usually go for €45,000–€50,000. Whoever buys the tractor will have to pick it up from a village in the Netherlands, because there is no shipping included.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Check out a 1971 Mercedes-Benz propelled by a Corvette V8 TT
- Check out a Chevy Bel Air Nomad once owned by Bruce Willis
- Meet the Polydrops P19 Shorty, a trailer said to extend your Ioniq 5 range
- Check out an old convertible worth $1,000 turned into a badass spider car
- Check out a Mercedes G-Class equipped with snow tracks for mountain driving