Video: Kia EV6 GT tackles an Aventador SVJ on the drag strip
Carwow has brought us countless entertaining drag racing videos over the years, and this one is no exception.
The episode has a Kia EV6 GT going up against a Lamborghini Aventador SVJ. The Korean electric car packs two motors jointly rated at 585 PS (577 hp / 430 kW) and 740 Nm (546 lb-ft) of torque. The Aventador makes 770 PS (759 hp / 566 kW) and has the advantage of being a purebred supercar.
As tilted as the scales are in Lambo’s favor, there is no omitting the fact that its peak torque of 720 Nm (531 lb-ft) is inferior to Kia’s, and the electric car gets its max torque almost instantaneously. Both have four driven wheels.
As most of you must have guessed by now, the Aventador emerges victorious. The real question is: how far behind is the EV6 GT? As a nice bonus, an Audi RS E-Tron GT drops in for a cameo run.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- 5 AMC muscle car classics are up for grabs for a combined $0.6M USD
- Watch a VW Tiguan R take on a Land Rover Defender in a 1/4-mile race
- Rumor: Nissan may ditch the Titan truck for a small EV alternative
- Watch a Ferrari Testarossa slide dangerously on snow-covered streets
- WSJ: Ford considering selling its Germany factory to China