1,000bhp Mercedes-AMG S63 Cabrio is real
In its factory version, the pre-facelift Mercedes-AMG S63 ships with a 5.5 V8 engine capable of 577 hp (430 kW) and 900 Nm (664 lb·ft) of torque. Sounds impressive, but someone in Posaidon must have thought, “sky’s the limit”.
The team set off to build the strongest Mercedes-AMG S63 convertible in the world. They began by expanding the engine displacement volume to 6.3 liters. Then they reinforced some parts and boosted both turbochargers considerably. As the result, the performance skyrocketed to 1,005 hp (750 kW) and 1,400 Nm (1,033 lb·ft) of torque, bringing the vehicle on par with the Project One racecar armed with an F1 engine.
The tuned-up Mercedes-AMG S63 takes less than 3 seconds to accelerate 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) and ultimately hits the electronically-set speed limit at 350 km/h (217 mph).
Posaidon said the same upgrade is compatible with all Mercedes-AMG cars equipped with the same engine model.
Reporter Sergei Musa
- Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupe tries some Vossen Wheels on
- You may mistake this BMW 5 Series for a Chevy Corvette from behind
- BMW X5 (G05) wide body kit concept by Renegade Design
- Mercedes GLE wins a stylish body kit from Atarius Concept / JB Customs
- Abu Dhabi Motors puts up a “fully loaded” BMW X2 M35i for sale in UAE